Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Throwback Ad Tuesday: Welcome to the N.H.K.


Watching Welcome to the N.H.K. was an interesting experience. I went into the show having very little knowledge about the plot, made it through most of the first episode, and decided it 'wasn't for me' and that was it. Months later, for some reason, I decided to give the show another try and, by episode 2, I was hooked. It's truly a spectacular show and insanely addicting. I never marathon shows, but I breezed through the 24-episode anime in no time. The dysfunctional characters, with all of their flaws, are so interesting and the plot so captivating that you can't help but get invested in the unfolding drama.

Welcome to the N.H.K. has a fairly storied history. It began as a novel in 2002, then was turned into an eight volume manga series first published in 2004, and finally given new life as an anime in 2006. Fortunately, the novel, manga, and anime have made it to North America, each with excellent translations. It's worth seeking them all out too, since the story lines vary with each and the endings are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment