Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Throwback Ad Tuesday! Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy


A Hero's Legacy was a Dragon Ball GT television special that aired in Japan on March 26th, 1997. Funimation released the DVD in the US on November 16th, 2004. I originally watched this forty-five minute special several years before Funimation licensed the GT series, by way of a friend's fan-subbed VCD (remember those?).

I don't remember being particularly impressed by this TV special, even though at the time I was a die-hard Dragon Ball fanatic craving any episode I could get my hands on. Heck, I even enjoyed the entire run of GT when I first viewed it (also fan-subbed), though can't say I was too impressed with Funimation's handling of the series' dub. I always felt their work on the original Dragon Ball and DBZ was of a far higher caliber.

No comments:

Post a Comment